Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 4/10/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Book: I Like Books by Anthony Browne (1989)
I had to make at least some acknowledgement of National Library Week, and I thought this was just the right length for my toddlers. I couldn't tell if people enjoyed the quirky illustrations or not, but at least no one talked through the story.

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Rhyme: Wiggle Fingers

Book: The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett (2008) (Session 1)
I hemmed and hawed about whether to read this one, because I wasn't sure it would make a great read-aloud. I should have stuck with that instinct, because it really didn't work as well as I'd hoped. It's a great story with a cute surprise ending, but it didn't work as a story time book. Therefore, I changed books for my second  session of the day.

Book: Max Cleans Up by Rosemary Wells (2000) (Session 2)
I had quite a few preschoolers in my story time group today, which is rare, so reading a story with a plot was actually possible. They seemed to enjoy this one, even though a lot of the littler kids weren't paying much attention. The ending did get a laugh, which I wasn't really expecting, based on how noisy the room was. 

Rhyme: Five Eggs and Five Eggs

Song: Head and Shoulders

Song: Clap, Clap, Clap Your Hands

Book: Mouse's First Spring by Lauren Thompson, illustrated by Buket Erdogan (2005)
A surprising hit. Mouse's First Winter didn't go over nearly as well back at the beginning of the year. I think it helped that there were big kids who could name each of the Spring animals.

Song with Puppet: Flutter, Flutter, Butterfly
One little boy fell in absolute love with the butterfly puppet. It was amazing.

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Put Your Finger in the Air

Song: Chickadee

Song with Puppet: You Are My Sunshine

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...