Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 12/13

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?
 
Book: Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell (2007)
This book is always a hit, because of the lift-the-flap format, and the cute ending.

Rhyme: Clap, Slap, Tap, Lap
I'm liking this rhyme more and more. So far, we've only done it fast and slow, but I want to try loud and soft and high and low as well. It might also be neat to try different rhythms once we've all got it down. 

Rhyme: Fingers
This one is really cute. It's still new so not everyone is participating just yet, but once we get it down, I think it will be a definite favorite.

Book: Under My Hood I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin, illustrated by Fumi Kosaka (2004)
I like this book a lot. The text is really simple, the vocabulary for winter clothes is great (where else will kids learn that a scarf is also called a muffler?) and the humor  a la Randy from a Christmas Story - of not being able to get up in all those winter clothes - makes me laugh every time. I think this would also make a great flannel board.

Song: Shake My Sillies Out 

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: There's a Little Wheel a-Turnin' in my Heart
I love Laurie Berkner. This song is just perfect. And I've already heard requests to do it again!

Book: It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G. Shaw (1988)
A repeat from yesterday. I wanted to see how this younger group would like it. And it was not very well-received, honestly. Maybe it would actually go over better as a flannel board. I will keep that in mind next time I get ambitious!

Song: Rum Sum Sum 
This is the stand-out favorite of this new Winter repertoire. I introduced it over the summer, and it seems like everyone really missed it!

Song: Numbers Are Our Friends

Song: One Little Finger

Song: Chickadee

Goodbye Song:
 We Wave Goodbye Like This

There is a holiday baby/toddler story time this Thursday, and then I'm done until January! I hope to have some year-in-review posts in the two weeks off. Stay tuned...

1 comment :

  1. As soon as I saw your post, I ran out to the floor to grab Under My Hood I Have a Hat. What a cute book! I have a winter dress storytime coming up in January, and this is perfect. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...