Friday, September 30, 2011

Flannel Friday: Fall Post #3: Leaves

In September, I've been focusing on squirrels and apples. Now that we're heading into October, I'll be adding in some leaves, wind, and pumpkins.

As usual, please excuse the bad photography. My phone doesn't have a great camera, and I am not a great picture taker!

Five little leaves so bright and gay,
Were dancing about on a tree one day.
The wind came blowing through the town,
And one little leaf came tumbling down.


Four little leaves so bright and gay,
Were dancing about on a tree one day.
The wind came blowing through the town,
And one little leaf came tumbling down.


 Three little leaves so bright and gay,
Were dancing about on a tree one day.
The wind came blowing through the town,
And one little leaf came tumbling down.


Two little leaves so bright and gay,
Were dancing about on a tree one day.
The wind came blowing through the town,
And one little leaf came tumbling down.


 One little leaf so bright and gay,
Was dancing about on a tree one day.
The wind came blowing through the town,
And that last little leaf came tumbling down.


My toddlers love it when I lift anything up high, and let it fall to the floor. Babies like to watch, too!

The clip art I used for my leaves is here: leaves clipart.pdf

Here are some more possibly rhymes to use with flannel board leaves:

Five little leaves in the autumn breeze, tumbled and rumbled in the through the trees.
The first little leaf said "I am red - I shall rest in a flower bed"
The second little leaf, the orange one, said "Turn me over, I'm on my head."
The third little leaf said "I am yellow - I'm a happy go lucky fellow."
The fourth little leaf said "I am still green - I am part of the summer scene"
The fifth little leaf said "I am gold - I'm a sign it's getting COLD!" 
[Source]

Five little leaves on the tree next door
One fell off and then there were four
Four little leaves all over the tree
One fell off and then there were three
Three little leaves where the wind blew
One fell off and then there were two
Two little leaves sitting in the sun
One fell off and then there was one
One little leaf in the tree all alone
The wind blew and blew now there are none!
[Source, Credit]


Four little leaves hanging from a tree,
Looking as lovely as can be.
Whoosh went the wind and one leaf said,
“Ill meet you on the ground. I’m the color RED.”
Three little leaves hanging from a tree,
Looking as lovely as can be.
Whoosh went the wind and another fell down.
This little leaf was the color BROWN.
Two little leaves hanging from a tree,
Looking as lovely as can be.
Whoosh went the wind. Oh my, it was cold!
Another leaf fell. It was the color GOLD.
One little leaf hanging from a tree,
Looking as lovely as can be.
Whoosh went the wind and the leaf started to sway,
But it was still GREEN, so it had to stay !
[Source]

I've missed the last two Flannel Fridays, but it's nice to be back! If you still need more ideas for Fall, I've also got posts about apples and squirrels.

This week's Flannel Friday host is Sharon over at Rain Makes Applesauce. Previous posts are gathered by Anne at So Tomorrow, as well as on Pinterest. Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment :

  1. You're so right about falling items catching the interest of young toddlers and babies! What a simple thing to add to a flannel routine. Thank you for being a part of Flannel Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...