Friday, August 5, 2011

Flannel Friday: We're Going to the Beach

I've been trying not to do songs with the flannel board, since I sing so much already. I've started using the flannel board as more of a storytelling device, where I do a quick rhyme or story in place of a third book. But this was a nice, simple beach-themed song, and I couldn't resist. I will probably use it next week for the babies, instead of the toddlers, because it was a little simplistic for the kids over age 2, but it worked well as a vocabulary builder.

We're Going to the Beach
Tune: Farmer in the Dell
 Original idea from Hummingbird Educational Resources.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see some flip-flops there!
We're going to the beach.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a castle there!
 We're going to the beach.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a starfish there!
 We're going to the beach.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a beach ball there!
 We're going to the beach.

 We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a seashell there!
 We're going to the beach.

We all tapped our knees to the rhythm of the song and we reviewed the names for each of the objects before and after the song.

My clip art file for this song is here.

4 comments :

  1. Katie, thanks for the source to this song! I use this all the time but forgot where I came across it. Now I can link back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I saw it at least one other place, so it's hard to tell what the original source was, but this was the first place I found it, as far as I can remember!

    Glad to be of assistance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great one because I could probably remember the words without a cheat sheet! I bet the parents will chime in too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great for quick memorization, and for parental participation! Enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...