Friday, June 28, 2013

My Community: Preschool Story Time, 6/27/13

My Community: Preschool Story Time, 6/27/13

This story time was unprecedented in the sense that there were three kids in the room and none of them spoke at all the entire time. I am just not used to that! And it wasn't just that they were quiet. They didn't answer direct questions, or even acknowledge that I was in the room. I really hope we can build up a larger audience for this  story time as the summer wears on, because doing this for a group of completely silent kids every week is going to be trying.


Book: Career Day by Anne Rockwell
I have no real commentary about this book, or anything else, because there were no reactions at all. I may as well have been practicing story time for a group of stuffed animals. It was almost creepy. 


Guessing Game: Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood?
I created two-sided cards for this game using clipart and riddle clues from kizclub.com.

Book: Whose Shoes? by Stephen R. Swinburne
This would be great to read to a class. Too bad it doesn't fit the rainforest or camping theme or I'd take it with me to the daycare!



Book: Pig Pig Gets a Job by David McPhail 

Craft: Community Helpers Badges from Crayola

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...