Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Concepts: ABCs Pajama Story Time, 5/8/13

 
 Concepts: ABCs Pajama Story Time, 5/8/13

Book: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambeault, illustrated by Lois Ehlert
I have never clicked very well with this book, and tonight, the kids didn't either. I don't know what it is, but even when I read it in my absolute best reading voice, it tends to fall flat.

Song: ABCs

Book: LMNO Peas by Keith Baker
I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this book lately. The rhyme scheme was good for this mostly-two-year-old group, but the concept of the book may have gone over their heads.

Flannel Board: Alphabet Soup
Thank you, Lucy at In the Children's Room, for posting this. I was looking for a simple way to use my felt letters, and this was perfect! My word was "sleepy" and thankfully, two kids in the room actually knew their ABCs!

Book: Sleepy ABC by Margaret Wise Brown, illustrated by Karen Katz
This is not the book I wanted to use. I wanted Sleepy Little Alphabet. And I had it set aside and everything, but it disappeared! So I chose this as a replacement, even though not all of the letters actually corresponded to words that begin with those letters. (X, for example, is for all the things you can play. Ugh.)

Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: Moon Moon Moon

Song: Monkeys on the Bed  

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...