Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Animals Preschool Story Time, 4/12/13


Rhyme: There Was a Little Turtle
I introduced this as a rhyme, but a child informed me it didn't rhyme so it has to be called a poem. This is the second time in two weeks I have been called out about this by a four year old!

Book: Home for a Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
I love this book so much, and the kids did, too.

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Book: Guess What I’ll Be by Anni Axworthy
This was a perfect guessing game for this mostly-four-year-old group. 

Song with Poster: Over in the Meadow 
One little girl got really into  this song. Another asked questions after each verse. It was much more successful this time than the last  time I used it.

Books: Big Woods Orchestra by Guido Van Genechten
The kids showed no interest in this book during story time, but then they asked me to read it again during the craft. I read an abbreviated version without all the bird calls, and somehow they seemed to like that better than the first time through when I made all the silly sounds!

Craft: Bird Coloring Page 
Everyone got really into the design of their birds. Even some older girls who didn't come to story time stopped by to do some coloring!


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...