Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Up, Up, and Away! Drop-In Story Time, 3/8/13

   Up, Up, and Away! Drop-In Story Time, 3/8/13

Song: Way Up in the Sky
I think this song has the potential to become a part of my opening routine at every story time - at least the morning ones. The adults love it, and I'm surprised by how well the kids can do the motions after even just two times through the song. I think I might stick with it for the Spring.

Book: Balloons Balloons Balloons by Dee Lillegard
This book is a bit lengthy for this group, but they did really well with it. I think it's a good idea to throw in a longer rhyming story like this every now and then, especially now that more threes and fours have been coming to this story time.

Song with Stick Puppets: I’m a Little (Red) Kite

Rhyme with Elephant Puppet: I Asked My Mother for Fifty Cents

Book: Little Cloud by Eric Carle
I like this book more and more each time I read it at story time. The group got a bit restless about halfway through, but we still made it to the end.

Flannel Board Song: Five Astronauts Went Up in Space

Letter of the Day: I
  • Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Flannel Board Song: Three Ice Cream Cones 
    This was a huge success on my last go-round with the letter I, but it was a bit of a flop in this session.
  • Song with Insect Puppets: Did You Ever See A...
    This song was an enormous hit. Even my manager, who only walked by the room for a brief second, commented later that she couldn't believe how well-behaved they were, watching me move the butterfly around the front of the room.
Medley with ukulele: ABCs/ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Hands up High

Song: Here We Go Up, Up Up

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...