Friday, March 22, 2013

Down on the Farm Drop-In Story Time, 3/19/13

 Down on the Farm Drop-In Story Time, 3/19/13

Song with Puppets: When Cows Get Up in the Morning

Book: Spots, Feathers, and Curly Tails by Nancy Tafuri
This book has perfect illustrations for large groups, but the guessing game aspect didn't quite catch on.

Song: Over in the Barnyard
The actions to this one didn't seem to click with the kids. I might work on simplifying them for future uses.

Book: Farmyard Beat by Lindsay Craig and Marc Brown
This book is always hit or miss. This week it was miss.



Rhyme with Puppet: Hey Diddle Diddle

Book: Cows in the Kitchen by June Crebbin
I was so glad I had a book to sing, because they were so restless, and this engaged everyone again. Most of the adults sang along, and I saw some kids giggling.

Letter of the Day: L


Song: Hands up High

Song: Chickadee

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It 


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...