Friday, March 22, 2013

Down on the Farm Baby Lap Time, 3/21/13

 Down on the Farm Baby Lap Time, 3/21/13

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Book: I Love You a Bushel and a Peck illustrated by Rosemary Wells
I opted not to sing this one, and I have no idea whether people even realized it was a song. My grandma used to sing this to me when I was little, and I always got a kick out of it. Alas, I think these folks just thought it was a poorly written picture book.

Song with Stick Puppets: Baa Baa Black Sheep
I did this song stick puppets and changed the color of the sheep each time through. This particular group of babies LOVED puppets.

Rhyme with Puppet: Dickery, Dickery Dare
This was surprisingly well-received and at least one person in the room besides me seemed to know it. 

Book: Animal Sounds by Aurelius Battaglia
I know these types of books seem lame to adults, but the babies were wide-eyed the whole time.

Song with Puppets: All the Cows Say...

Song: Tony Chestnut

Song: All the Little Babies

Song: ABCs

Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: Row Your Boat

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...