Thursday, February 28, 2013

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Baby Lap Time, 2/28/13

 Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Baby Lap Time, 2/28/13

Rhyme: Cheek Chin


Book: Baby, I Love You by Karma Wilson
The adults always like this one, and I was glad I thought to use it today since we had lots of very tiny babies who were still too small to really participate in very much. Though I offered all three books to the room to possibly check out, this is the only one that went. 

Song: Head and Shoulders

Rhyme: Where Oh Where Are Baby’s Fingers? 

Book: What's On My Head? by Margaret Miller
I sang about each object in the book, to the tune of Mary Wore Her Red Dress. The adults got a lot of laughs out of  the pictures of the baby with a puppy dog on his head.

Song:  All the Little Babies
We had a few bigger babies who like to bounce, so we did once bouncing song. I liked the way some of the moms with tiny babies used this as an opportunity to gently rock them.

Song: Tony Chestnut

Book: Whose Knees Are These?  by Jabari Asim

Song: Where is Big Toe?
I really need to find a more newborn-friendly alternative to this song! It was fine for the 6-8 month olds, but not so much for the little 2 month olds.

Song: Row Your Boat

Songs: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song with Stick Puppets: Mary Had a Little Lamb
We sang about different colored lambs, which were red as a rose, green as  the grass, blue as  the sea, and black as the night. I think I want to start doing more with stick puppets for this group again.


Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It
 
I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...