Friday, February 8, 2013

1 2 3 Count with Me! Drop-In Story Time, 2/8/13

1 2 3 Count with Me! Drop-In Story Time, 2/8/13

Book: Build a Burrito by Denise Vega
I didn't feel confident enough to read the Spanish, so I just read the English words. The kids seemed to like it, though none of the adults were even pretending to listen.

Song: One Little, Two Little, Three Little Fingers 

Book: One Duck Stuck by Phyllis Root, illustrated by Jane Chapman
One little girl in the front said, "Miss Katie, Miss Katie, I HAVE this book!" She is the only one in the room who seemed to like it.

Song: Five Little Ducks
They got really into this song, much more so than any group in the past.

Book: Feast for 10 by Cathryn Falwell
This book dragged a little bit, but I think it would be perfect in a smaller group of three-year-olds. I am going to hang onto it to bring to the rec. center in a couple of weeks.

Song: One, Two, I Love You

Song: Here We Go Up, Up, Up

Letter of the Day: A
Songs with ukulele: ABCs/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Head and Shoulders, Baby

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...