Saturday, November 24, 2012

Outreach Round-Up, 11/14/12 - 11/21/12

Public School Pre-K: Wednesday, 11/14
Books: The Grumpalump, The Day Ray Got Away, I'm Flying
Songs: If You'd Like to Read a Book, Hat Coat Pants and ShoesThese Are My Glasses
Game: Balloon Guessing Game (see here for details)
Notes: The theme was balloons. I'm Flying was an unexpected hit - not with everybody, but the kids who were into it were riveted.  I made up motions to go with The Grumpalump and it was hugely successful. The kids also had no idea it was a balloon until the end.

Public School Pre-K: Wednesday, 11/14
Books: The Grumpalump, The Day Ray Got Away 
Songs: If You'd Like to Read a Book, These Are My Glasses
Game: Balloon Guessing Game (see here for details)
Notes: This group was late coming back from PE, so we got cut short. Next time, though, I'll be  there in the morning, so it should be easier to get in a full session. 


Catholic School Pre-K: Thursday, 11/15
Books: The Grumpalump, Balloons Balloons Balloons, Molly Who Flew Away, Sally's Great Balloon Adventure
Songs: If You'd Like to Read a Book, Shake My Sillies Out,  These Are My Glasses 
Flannel Board: Five Balloons (to be featured on an upcoming Flannel Friday, hopefully!)

Catholic School 5th Grade: Thursday, 11/15 
Books: Frankenstein, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs
Notes: These books were not that funny to this age group. The choices were too juvenile, even if it might have made a nice lesson in parody.

Catholic School Kindergarten: Friday, 11/16 
Book: Little Bear
Song: Hat. Coat, Pants and Shoes
Notes: None of these kids knew of Little Bear, but by the end, they were in love. Birthday Soup was the favorite story of the session.

Catholic School 1st Grade: Friday, 11/16 
Book: I am the Turkey

Rec. Center Cooperative Play Program: Wednesday, 11/21
Books: When Autumn Falls, Growing Vegetable Soup, Little Red Hen, Thank You Thanksgiving
Songs: I Like Soup (based on Laurie Berkner's "I Feel Crazy"), Sing a Happy Song, Bumpin’ Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon, If You're Thankful and You Know It, The Wheels on the Bus    
Rhymes: Corn Grows Tall, Two Little Turkeys
Notes: The kids loved singing about what they would put in soup. The funniest food ingredient they named was donuts. The funniest non-food ingredient was fire.  Two Little Turkeys was based on Two Little Blackbirds, but when the turkeys ran away, I said "gobble gobble gobble" and the kids just cracked up.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...