Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pajama Story Time, 7/18/12

Last Wednesday, Pajama Story Time started at 6:30, and there was just one family in the room. When I came in, the little boy asked me if I would read Bats at the Library.  I was happy to oblige, so we read that story first. By the time I was done, there were six kids in the room, and by the end, we had a total of 8. Here's the list of books we shared.

Book 1: Bats at the Library by Brian Lies (2008)

Book 2: The Bunnies Are Not in Their Beds by Marisabina Russo (2007)
This is a really good one to share with families because both parents and kids laugh, but for different reasons.

Book 3: Mother, Mother, I Want Another! by Maria Polushkin Robbins, illustrated by Jon Goodall
This was a huge hit. Three is just about the right age to enjoy the humor of this one, and the parents giggled along.

Book 4: Good Night Pillow Fight by Sally Cook, illustrated by Laura Cornell (2004)
This really looks like a good read-aloud, but it is not. I was glad the group was small - in a larger story time, it definitely would have been a flop.

After we were finished with our books, one of the moms asked if she could please hear the moon song. I couldn't say no!

Song: Moon Moon Moon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...