Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baby/Toddler Lap Time, 5/11/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you? 

Rhyme: Wiggle Fingers

Book: Ask Mr. Bear by Marjorie Flack (1968)
This is a much longer book than I've ever read to this group, but the ending was well worth the time it took to get there. This was a big hit!  

Song: Five Little Monkeys
I haven't done this song in a loooong time, but I'll be reintroducing it full time this summer  since it goes so well with the theme. So singing it Tuesday was a good refresher!  

Flannel Board: Five Little Flowers (Mother's Day Edition)
Just like the Tuesday groups, they loved this one. The Mother's Day twist at the end gets them every time! 

Song: Shake My Sillies Out  

Song: I'm a Little Teapot


Book: More, More, More said the Baby by Vera B. Williams (1990)
This is another long one, and I probably could have read just one portion and satisfied the group. Still, it's one of those that pleases adults and has a nice rhythm for reading aloud. 

Rhyme: The Baby in the Cradle 

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun


 
Book: Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell (2007)
This book is always a success at story time. This time, I liked that the adults shouted out the names of the animals for me. 

Song: Put Your Finger in the Air 

Song: ABC Song 

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...