Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 4/3/12

It is so hard to come back to story time after a long weekend filled with family and bus rides and sleeping on an air mattress, and harder still to do three story times in a row. As you can see, to make it bearable I varied my routine slightly for the third group. Because I was so tired and planned at the last minute, these weren't the best story times ever, but they were still not bad. Most of the adults participated, and the crowd was somewhat smaller since families are on Spring Break. Here's how it went:


Opening Song: Hello, how are you? 

Book: First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger (2007)
I like this book a lot because it's simple, interesting to look at, and works on a number of levels for a number of different ages. 

Rhyme: Five Eggs and Five Eggs

Rhyme: Wiggle Fingers (Sessions 1 and 2); This is Big, Big, Big (Session 3)

Book: I Kissed the Baby! by Mary Murphy (2003)
I have heard about this book in a lot of different places, but didn't love it as much as I expected. The one highlight, though, was all the kids blowing kisses to the baby duck.

Song: All the Pigs 
Today we sang about cows, dogs, cats, sheep, and bees.

Song: Head and Shoulders 

Song: Clap, Clap, Clap Your Hands (Sessions 1 and 2); I'm a Little Teapot (Session 3)

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Put Your Finger in the Air 

Flannel Board Rhyme: This Little Baby 

Song: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: Chickadee (Session 1)

Song: You Are My Sunshine

Song: Where is Big Toe? (Session 1); Chickadee (Session 3)

Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...