Thursday, March 15, 2012

Offsite Preschool Class Visit, 3/14/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Song: If You'd Like to Read a Book

Book: And then It's Spring by Julie Fogliano, illustrated by Erin E. Stead (2012)
The text for this book does not resonate with kids this young in a read-aloud setting. It's very poetic and beautiful, but it's too abstract, and the part about the bears especially seemed to turn them off.

Song: One Seed by the Laurie Berkner Band
This was my first time doing this song with a group. Most of the kids are three, and it was just right for them. I used the motions Laurie Berkner does in the video, with one exception - we didn't spin around; we turned our hands.

Book: Duck on a Bike by David Shannon (2002)
This is a new story time favorite for me. Kids love identifying animals and making their sounds.

Flannel Board Rhyme: Seven Snazzy Aunties
I made a portable flannel board out of a file folder to be able to do this without lugging my story time flannel board with me. Unfortunately, they didn't seem interested in the  rhyme.  

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Book: Jump! by Steve Lavis (1998)
I always bring one movement-based book when I visit this group. They love acting out the motions. This was a lot of fun, and just perfect for their age.

Book: Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean (2010)
I love, love, LOVE this book. It works better with slightly older kids, but some of these guys knew their colors, so it promoted some interaction.

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...