Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby/Toddler Lap Time, 2/10/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Rhyme: Wiggle Fingers

Book: Just Like Jasper! by Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen (2008)
I chose this book based on the simple text and bold illustrations, but loved the added bonus that Jasper and my kitten puppets looks so much alike!

Rhyme: Two Little Kittens

Song: How Much is that Doggie in the Window?

Book: Black Dog, Red House by Lizi Boyd (1993)
This book teaches colors and talks about daily tasks at the same time. I discovered it by accident this morning, but quickly realized it was perfect and decided to go with a mini-theme of dogs and cats. The only thing I forgot to do was ask the adults to bark with me each time the dog was mentioned. Next time, I'd definitely do that.

Song: Shake My Sillies Out
The iPod gave out almost right away, so this was mostly a cappella.

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: There's a Little Wheel a-Turnin' in my Heart

Flannel Board: I Have Five Kisses
This is adorable! I was nervous, since it was new, and rushed it a bit, which kind of messed up the momentum, but most of the kids seemed to like it anyway, even if the adults seemed puzzled.

Song: Where is Big Toe? (a cappella)

Song: ABCD Medley (sort of)
The iPod gave out in the middle of the ABC's, so then we just sang each of the songs from the medley a cappella.

Song: Chickadee
This was a first - a cappella Chickadee! It wasn't nearly as much fun at all. The calypso beat of the recording is kind of essential.

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...