Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baby/Toddler Story Time,10/4

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Book: A Good Day by Kevin Henkes (2007)
This is the best story time book ever. It has just the right amount of words, and just enough story to keep the interest of kids and adults.

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake

Book: Fall is Not Easy by Marty Kelley (1998)
I love this book, but my audience was very young today - more than half babies - so it didn't quite have the response I expected.

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Hands Are For Clapping

Flannel Board Rhyme: Five Little Acorns
I was sick of apples and leaves, so I kind of pulled lines from a few rhymes and songs to come up with this one. The rest of the month, I'll be doing pumpkins.

(Five) little acorns swaying in a tree,
Hanging from a branch as high as can be.
Along came the wind and blew one away.
(Four) little acorns are left to sway.

Song: One Little Finger 

Song: Tommy Thumb

Song: ABCD Medley

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

A full description of this, and all my weekly story time programs can be found here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...