- Agent Amelia: Ghost Diamond by Michael Broad
Amelia Kidd, a child secret agent, must fight evil and ego-maniacal villains who want to take over the world.
- Gloria Rising by Ann Cameron
When Gloria meets her hero, astronaut Grace Street, at the grocery store, she is thrilled, but when she writes about the experience for a school assignment, she is disappointed to find that her teacher doesn't believe it really happened.
- Jake Drake, Bully Buster by Andrew Clements
Jake Drake is frustrated that no one ever seems to be able to curtail bullying at his school, so he decides to find a way to end it himself.
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamillo
When Mr. and Mrs. Watson's bed crashes through their bedroom floor in the middle of the night, they assume their pet pig Mercy is going to alert the authorities, but Mercy's heroic mission is interrupted by her intense love for buttered toast.
- The Princess in Black by Shannon Hale
When monsters attack, Princess Magnolia becomes the Princess in Black, but she must do her best to keep her alter ego secret from the prim and proper Duchess Wigtower.
- Superduper Teddy by Johanna Hurwitz
Teddy is a shy little boy who clings to his superhero cape as a security blanket. As his story unfolds, life experiences slowly bring him out of his shell.
- Andy Shane, Hero at Last by Jennifer Richard Jacobson
Andy Shane wants to be a hero, but he isn't sure how to make that happen until he enters a bike parade and sees something wrong that he can fix.
- Zapato Power: Freddie Ramos Takes Off by Jacqueline Jules
Freddie Ramos's whole life changes when he comes to own a pair of super-fast shoes that give him Zapato power!
- Captain Awesome to the Rescue by Stan Kirby
Eugene McGillicudy, also known as Captain Awesome, uses his superhero alter ego to cope with his move to a new school.
- Kung Pow Chicken: Let's Get Cracking! by Cyndi Marko
When trouble strikes in Fowladelphia, Kung Pow Chicken, a second grade superhero, and his sidekick, Benedict, who is only partially hatched, are on the case.
- Roxie and the Hooligans by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Roxie Warbler wishes she could be brave like her adventurous Uncle Dangerfoot, but whenever she comes up against Helvetia's Hooligans, she runs scared. When she and the hooligans are stranded on an island together, however, it is Roxie's resourcefulness that saves the entire group. (Note: This is the only book on this list that is not part of a series.)
- Calvin Coconut, Hero of Hawaii by Graham Salisbury
When a tropical storm hits, one of Calvin's friends is swept out to sea, and he must act quickly to save his life.
- Jinxed, A Topps League Book by Kurtis Scaletta
In his job as a bat boy for the Pine City Porcupines, Chad meets his hero, Mike Stammer, who is convinced he is jinxed until Chad finds a way to make him feel confident again.
- The Quirks: Welcome to Normal by Erin Soderberg
Every member of the Quirks family wants their newest town, Normal, to become their permanent home, but if that means having to control their strange magical quirks, which range from invisibility to bending time, they’re sure it’s just a matter of time before they’ll be forced to move again.
- Melvin Beederman, Superhero: The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich by Greg Trine
Though Melvin Beederman graduated at the top of his class in superhero school, he has some trouble flying and a sensitivity to bologna that keeps him out of delis. He finds himself with a real problem when his superpowers suddenly fade away.
- Ellray Jakes, the Dragon Slayer by Sally Warner
EllRay Jakes doesn’t like bullies, so he is naturally very upset when he learns that his little sister Alfie is being bossed around by a friend at her day care center. While he works on a plan to rescue Alfie from her unhappiness, he must also fight off an accusation that he has been bullying one of his own classmates during recess.