Justin Case Series
In his diary, Justin Krzeszewski relates the highs and lows of his life as he progresses through a worrisome third grade year, a disastrous summer camp experience, and a new school year plagued by bullies. There are three titles in this series, which is written by Rachel Vail.
- Justin Case: School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters
- Justin Case: Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip-Flops of Doom
- Justin Case: Rules, Tools, and Maybe a Bully
- Gone Fishing by Tamara Will Wissinger is the story of a family fishing trip which highlights the rivalry between a brother and a sister while simultaneously demonstrating different poetic forms.
- Forgive Me, I Meant to Do It by Gail Carson Levine is a collection of apology poems modeled after William Carlos Williams' poem, "This is Just to Say."
- What Floats in a Moat? by Lynne Berry explores the concept of buoyancy and makes it understandable to a young elementary audience.
- Leap Back Home to Me by Lauren Thompson celebrates the connection between a mother and her child. No matter how far away the baby frog wanders, he'll always leap back home to his mommy!