Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pre-K Class Visit, 6/7/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you? 

Song: If You'd Like To Read a Book

Book: Harry the Dirty Dog by Harry Zion, illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham (1956)
Most of the kids didn't know this one, but they made great predictions based on visual cues in the illustrations. I think this is one of the best pre-K read-alouds I've discovered this year.


Book: From Head to Toe by Eric Carle (1997)
I asked the kids to say, "I can do it!" every time I said, "Can you do it?"  They also did a great job acting out the different movements.

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake 


Book: Tiger Can't Sleep by S.J. Fore, illustrated by R.W. Alley
This one is funny and full of onomatopoeia, two qualities this group loves. They giggled in all the right places and loved guessing whether the tiger would be quiet or make more noise.

Song: Moon Moon Moon  by the Laurie Berkner Band


Book: If You Had a Nose Like an Elephant's Trunk by Marion Dane Bauer (2001)
This book was a dud. It wasn't funny like I expected, and the kids didn't engage with it at all.

Song: Chickadee 

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This 

Encore Request: These Are My Glasses by the Laurie Berkner Band
The teacher mentioned this one and the kids immediately wanted to sing it, so we tacked it onto the end!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...