Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pajama Story Time, 6/27/12

I don't always sing at the evening story times, but I had some regular story time goers show up last night, and I didn't want to break the routine  they're used to, so we at least did a hello song, and a couple more when we got restless. There were three kids in all - a crawling baby, a shy two-year-old and a boy who was probably three.

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?


Book: Farmyard Beat by Lindsay Craig, illustrated by Marc Brown (2011)
This is a GREAT read-aloud for small groups as well as big ones. I asked the kids to identify each animal and also repeat the sounds after me. Perfect for a  pajama story time! 


Book: Owl Babies by Martin Waddell, illustrated by Patrick Benson (1992)
I love this story. It's got a plot, and yet is still simple enough to read to very small kids.

Song: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Book: May I Bring a Friend? by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers, illustrated by Beni Montresor (1966)
I love introducing this book to families who don't know it yet. I also love it when kids giggle at the various animals' hi-jinks. Both things happened this time!

Book: Mommies Say Shhh! by Patricia Polacco (2007)
A perfect ending to a quiet story time. Everyone made the animal sounds and seemed to enjoy making the shushing sound as well. 

Song: Moon Moon Moon
The three-year-old boy was very unenthusiastic about singing, but seeing his face light up when I sang about the moon looking like a pizza pie was so worth it. Adorable! 

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...