Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Lap Time, 4/26/12

I will be doing outreach during the Friday Lap Time session, so someone else is covering it for me. Therefore, I am just posting about today's, which was one of the best ones we've had.

Opening Song: Say Hello

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Fingerplay: Two Little Bunnies (based on Two Little Blackbirds)

Song: All the Little Babies
Some of the babies right around 12 months old giggle hysterically during this song.



Book: Leap Back Home To Me by Lauren Thompson, illustrated by Matthew Cordell (2011)
I like to read these sweet parent/child bonding stories to the baby groups because the parents always say "awww" and the kids are young enough that almost everything is interesting to them. Older kids are easily bored by this book, but the babies were into it. 

Song: Tony Chestnut

Song: Eyes Nose Cheeky Cheeky Chin

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun


Book: Hoot, Howl, Hiss by Michelle Koch (1991)
I love all the opportunities for making sounds in this book - today's parents and caregivers did an exceptional job, especially when it came to sounding like monkeys!
 
Rhyme with Puppets: I'm a Little Bumblebee
I ask the parents to lift the babies up when we say "fly away." It's awesome to look around the room and see all these laughing little ones being lifted into the air.  

Song: Bumpin' Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon

Flannel Board: Five Little Birdies (based on Five Little Fairies)

Songs with Shaker Eggs: 

Goodbye Song: Open, Shut Them (Goodbye Version)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...