Saturday, March 17, 2012

Preschool Story Time, 3/16/12


I planned a story time for preschoolers, but the bulk of the audience was babies and toddlers. Still, if we're calling it Preschool Story Time, I'm determined to make the content suitable for that age group... even if only a few of them come. Not much commentary since I'm behind on posting, but here's what we did:

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Song: If You'd Like to Read a Book 

Book: My Garden by Kevin Henkes (2010)

Song: One Seed by the Laurie Berkner Band

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake

Book: Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean (2010)

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Clap, Clap, Clap Your Hands

Book: Ella Sarah Gets Dressed by Margaret Chodos-Irvine (2003)

Rhyme: Four Little Spiders
For next time, I might only do three spiders. It's awfully long with four, and the kids lost interest. 

Song: The Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Chickadee

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...