Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby Lap Time, 9/28 & 9/29

This was my second Baby Lap Time session in my six-week registration-only series. About ten babies showed up, ranging in age from 2 months to 15 months. We did almost the exact same songs and rhymes as last week, but I varied the order and changed the books. I will repeat this routine twice more tomorrow.

Opening Song: Clap Along With Me 

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big  

Rhyme: Where Oh Where Are Baby's Fingers? 

Song: Tony Chestnut (a cappella) 

Song: Mr. Sun (a cappella)

Book: Big Fat Hen by Keith Baker (1994)
Something about this book makes babies from about 6 to 12 months squeal with joy.

Flannel Board Rhyme: I Went to Visit the Farm One Day  

Song: I'm a Little Teapot 

Song: Head and Shoulders


Book: In My Den by Sara Gillingham and Lorena Siminovich (2009)
This board book includes a finger puppet that peeps through the hole on each page. I went around to every baby and said hello, then went around to say goodbye. That was a spur of the moment idea, but it worked really well!

Song: Shortnin' Bread by the Laurie Berkner Band (with shaker eggs)

Song: Brown Squirrel 
I held up a squirrel puppet on a stick for this one, mainly as a distraction from having to part with the shaker eggs.

Bounce: Mother and Father and Uncle John 

Song: ABCD Medley

Goodbye Song: Open, Shut Them (Goodbye Version)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...