Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 7/5

Not quite record attendance today, but still up there! Roughly forty kids at each of my three sessions.


Opening Song: Hello, how are you?
 Book: Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too? by Eric Carle (2005)
I wasn't thinking when I chose this that we might have kids in our story time group who don't have mothers, making the refrain, "A [fill in animal here] has a mother just like me and you!" somewhat annoying,  but no one complained. And they loved all the animals, especially the kangaroo!

Song: Cuddly Koalas
This is such a great song - simple, fun, and easy to learn, but not boring if it's your 100th time singing it. 


Book: What Does Baby Say? by Begin Smart Books (2008)
This is a basic lift-the-flap book, about what baby says when she sees cookies, juice, mommy's purse, and more. They absolutely loved this one - lots of little eyes were just absolutely glued to the book!

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Flannel Board Rhyme: Three Melting Popsicles
Stay tuned - this rhyme will be featured in my Flannel Friday post this week!

Song: The Wheels on the Bus (Raffi version)
This is my compromise. I couldn't take another week of my usual version of Wheels on the Bus, which is almost 4 minutes long, so I gave this one a try, using photographs I printed out to cue each verse. I think it was a success. 


Song: ABCD Medley

Song: One, Two, I Love You (Numbers Are Our Friends)
During session three, the CD started to skip, and I had to sing this song without the music. I did just fine, but it shows why it's really important to know your songs well!

Song: Chickadee

Song: Monkeys on the Bed (session 3 only, by request)
A little girl who drew me a picture last week asked if we could do this one, and I couldn't say no.

Goodbye Song: Skinnamarink

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...