Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Preschool Story Time, 2/22/17 (Birds Theme)



Opening Song: Story Time is Starting 

Book: Birds by Kevin Henkes
I was a little unsure about this book because it doesn't have a straight narrative, but this group really enjoyed it.

Song: Way Up in the Sky

Book: No Two Alike by Keith Baker
I really enjoying reading this aloud. It's really just about the concepts of same and different, but birds are the characters, so it was a good fit.

Rhyme: Two Little Red Birds

Book: North, South, East, West by Margaret Wise Brown, illustrated by Greg Pizzoli
I borrowed this from the library for my three-year-old who has been learning about direction. When I first read it to her, I wasn't sure kids at story time would get it, but I decided to take the chance and I was pleasantly surprised. It did go over quite well.

Song: The Little Bird

Songs with Shaker Eggs: 


Song: Mr. Sun

Book: Hooray for Today by Brian Won
This is a good story time book because of its bold illustrations and repetitive structure. It's kind of predictable, but no one seemed to mind.

Rhyme: See See See

Book: Mockingbird by Allan Ahlberg, illustrated by Paul Howard
I have noticed that singable books do well with this audience, so I decided to end with this one. It worked very well, even though I think some people were puzzled by the changed lyrics to Hush Little Baby.

Song: Chickadee

7 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need solutions of online payment? so you can contact
    Go processing complaints
    department for resolve your problems. for more https://complaints.goprocessing.org.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get instant online payment solutions through Go Processing Complaints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for instant online payment solutions? So you call
    Go processing complaints
    organization.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello I have read your blog. This is an excellent resource.This will help me a lot with connecting to bloggers in my niche.Go Processing Complaints

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Processing Complaints Board gives round the clock support to its clients. If you are using our affiliations and are opposing any issues related to our affiliations, you can talk with us at whatever time.
    Go Processing Complaints

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...