- The Summer of the Swans by Betsy Byars (MG; 1971 Newbery Medal book)
- On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer (MG; 1987 Newbery Honor book)
- The Leaving by Tara Altebrando (YA, digital ARC)
- How to (Almost) Ruin Your Summer by Taryn Souders (MG; digital ARC)
- Macarons at Midnight by Suzanne Nelson (MG; digital ARC)
I also completed the 5 Favorites challenge.
Here is how I stand so far with my original goals for the read-a-thon:
- Read three titles for Fumbling Through Fantasy.
One read (The Gammage Cup), two to go (The Thief and Return of the Twelves).
- Read one Old School Sunday title.
None read so far, several on my to-read list
- Read my 1960s and 1970s titles for Newbery Through the Decades.
Read both (The Gammage Cup for the 60s, Summer of the Swans for the 70s.) I also read my 80s title (On My Honor).
- Read ARCs for middle grade books coming out in June and July.
Four read (Every Single Second, How to Almost Ruin Your Summer, Macarons at Midnight, Dumbness is a Dish Best Served Cold), two to go (The World from Up Here and Lucky Strikes)
- Read ARCs of chapter books coming out in June and July.
Five read (Slingshot and Burp, Where Are You Going, Baby Lincoln?, Pearl's Ocean Magic, Meet the Bobs and Tweets, and Piper Green and the Fairy Tree: The Sea Pony), one to go (Jess's Story)
- Read all the YA ARCs I currently have.
Three read (Anything You Want, This is My Brain on Boys, and The Leaving), two to go (Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories and It's Not Me, It's You).