Wednesday, May 11, 2016

#ArmchairBEA 2016, Day 1: Introduction

Armchair BEA

Armchair BEA begins today! This is my introduction post, with answers to questions chosen from the official list.

What is the name you prefer to use?
How long have you been a book blogger?
Have you participated in ABEA before?

I'm Katie, I've been blogging about books for 5 and a half years, and this is my third year participating in ABEA.

Do you have a favorite book? If you cannot choose a favorite book of all time, pick your favorite book today - just this second. Remember that favorites are allowed to change if something affects you deeply enough.

I have a lot of different favorite books across different categories. My favorite novel written for adults is Empire Falls by Richard Russo. My favorite YA novel is That Summer by Sarah Dessen. My favorite picture book (at the moment, anyway) is a toss-up between Where the Wild Things Are and All the World. My "official" favorite children's novel (the answer I give when I'm asked in a professional context) is Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley and Me, Elizabeth by E.L. Konigsberg, but I read so many, my favorite changes every week. My favorite of this year so far is Mission Mumbai. I also love The Moon By Night by Madeleine L'Engle.

What is your favorite genre and why?

Though I am doing my best to branch out and get to know other genres, my favorite will always be contemporary realistic fiction. I feel most comfortable in the real world, and I especially enjoy reading fresh and new descriptions of everyday emotions and events.

What book are you most excited for on your TBR? What are you most intimidated by?

Bout of Books is also happening this week, and I have a lengthy to-read list to get through. Of those I haven't started yet, I'm probably most excited for Carney's House Party and Winona's Pony Cart by Maud Hart Lovelace. I'm most intimidated by Return of the Twelves, which I'm planning to read for Fumbling Through Fantasy, but which is not something I would typically choose to read

If you could choose three characters to have lunch with, who would they be and why?

I could probably give ten different answers to this question, but I'll go with Kinsey Millhone from Sue Grafton's alphabet mysteries (because she isn't particular about food and would have many interesting stories to tell), Sumner Lee from That Summer by Sarah Dessen (for comic relief), and Vicky Austin from Meet the Austins (and sequels) by Madeleine L'Engle.  

2 comments :

  1. I want to read all of Sarah Dessen's books. So far the only one I have read was What Happened to Goodbye. I enjoyed it. And I bought Someone Like You. Have you read any of her other books?
    Gabriella
    Gabriella M Reads
    My Armchair BEA post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Empire Falls. Such a multi-layered story. Great pick. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...