In addition to my regular post for today, I have two more things to share.
The first is that my guest post, Picture Books for Greeting Friends Around the World, is up at ReaderkidZ.com. The three titles I suggest are all timely reads for the International Day of Peace, coming up on September 21.
The other is big news - the 2014 Cybils judges have been announced. This is especially exciting for me, as I have taken on the role of organizer for the Easy Reader/Beginning Chapter Book Category. I'll be participating myself as a first round judge along with these lovely bloggers:
- Caroline Flory of Under God’s Mighty Hand
- Maggi Idzikowski of Mama Librarian
- Mike Lewis of No High 5 News
Kimberley Moran of Books First in Maine
Debbie Nance of Readerbuzz
- Melissa Taylor of Imagination Soup
The wonderful second round judges are
- Narineh Ferderer of Ready, Set, Read
- Amanda Furman of Maestra Amanda’s World
- Catherine Nichols of The Cath in the Ha
- Mia Wenjen of PragmaticMom
- Matthew Winner of The Busy Librarian