3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Senior Citizen Woman: Do you have a post-it note? Do you have Scotch tape? Do you have a pen? Is this book [just sitting on the desk] available?
- Staff Member: Can you find out how old the person on computer 2 is?
- Teacher: You were a CYBILS judge, too? Where do you blog? Do you have a graphic novel collection?
- Same Senior Citizen Woman: I need to rewrite my note. I guess this is the paper? And this is the tape? Did you hear about that library in Fairfax that threw away all those books?
- Middle Schooler: I came up with an adjective at school today that seemed really obvious at the time, but now I can't remember what it was. It starts with D, and it means horrible. (And I need it to do my homework.) [Answer: Dreadful]
- Same Senior Citizen Woman: What is this library, four or five years old now?
- Same Middle Schooler: Do you know where Miss [name of coworker] is? Is she going to be on the desk?
- Child: Can I borrow a pencil?
- Adult: How do you get to use a computer?
5:30 p.m. - LIBRARY CLOSES
To see a full day of questions, check out Day of Questions Volume I.