Friday, April 5, 2013

Signs of Spring Drop-In Story Time, 4/5/13

Signs of Spring Drop-In Story Time, 4/5/13

Book: Wake Up, It’s Spring! by Lisa Campbell Ernst
The kids liked this book, but the adults seemed extra distracted.

Song: Way Up in the Sky

Book: Inch by Inch: The Garden Song by David Mallett (with recording from Pickin' & Grinnin' Great Folk Songs for Kids )
I thought it was important with a song like this that not everyone knows to expose the kids to a recording rather than try butchering it myself. Unfortunately, the kids were very restless and only a few listened all the way to the end.

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun

Letter of the Day:  P
  • Book: Peanut Butter and Jelly by Nadine Bernard Westcott
    Last time I read this, I said I wanted to change the refrain and sing instead of chant it, but I didn't do that today and it worked great!
  • Song: Pigs in the Mud
    This song was a new discovery for me just this morning. It'll be fun for the summer reading theme when we talk about mud!
  • Rhyme: Mix a Pancake
    A new action rhyme for us. The motions came from KCLS.
  • Flannel Board Song: Five Pirates in a Boat
    This song is one I found on Spotify. Its original title is Eight Rowers in a Boat. I changed the words to suit my needs.
Song with ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...