Thursday, February 28, 2013

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Pajama Story Time, 2/27/13

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Pajama Story Time, 2/27/13

Only one of the regulars -  a little girl - showed up to this story time, but we were joined by another family - a preschooler girl and a toddler boy - after the third book. They were a quiet bunch, and they seemed to like the songs better than the stories, but it's hard to know for sure, since they didn't really interact very much.

Book: I am a Backhoe by Anna Grossnickle Hines

Book: We've All Got Bellybuttons by David Martin
This book got some nice giggles, but the little girl didn't feel like doing the movements. Her dad did them with me anyway, though! He is always a great participant.

Song: Moon Moon Moon  
This is the little girl's favorite song, and she sang all the words with me the second time through. (This is why I always repeat things - not only do the kids learn it better, but the kids who already know it need time to get warmed up.)

Book: Growing Like Me by Anne Rockwell
When I was weeding our 500s I found  this poor neglected book. I decided to keep it and start using it at story time

Song: Head and Shoulders

Song: Sing a Happy Song

Book: The Greatest Gymnast of All by Stuart J. Murphy
This is a book about opposites - over and under, in and out, up and down.

Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: Five in the Bed

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Goodnight

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...