Sunday, January 20, 2013

We Love to Read! Toddler Lap Time, 1/18/13


   We Love to Read! Toddler Lap Time, 1/18/13

This is Friday afternoon's improved lap time session, which was much better than Thursday's. I only wish these books were larger.

Book: Farmyard Rhymes by Clare Beaton
This is one of the only nursery rhyme books I have found useful for story time, and that's because it has a focus. On each page, I pointed out the farm animal, we made the animal sound and then we read the rhyme. A few of the kids knew the animal sounds, the others got excited and pointed at the illustrations.

Song with Stick Puppets: Old MacDonald

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: Apple Pie ABC by Alison Murray

Song: ABCs

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Sing A Happy Song

Song: Ring a Round a Rosie

Book: It's a Little Book by Lane Smith 

Activities with foam stars:
  • Rhyme: Star Light, Star Bright
  • Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  • Song: There's a Star Upon My Head

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

Song: The More We Read Together

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...