Tuesday, January 15, 2013

We Love to Read! Drop-In Story Time, 1/15/13

 We Love to Read! Drop-In Story Time, 1/15/13

Song: If You’d Like to Read a Book

Book: The Wonderful Book by Leonid Gore
There was a group of four year olds who loved this book. I was glad I chose a longer book, since they wound up joining story time, but it was too long for almost everyone else, adults included.

Flannel Board Rhyme: Down Around the Corner
I printed out covers of five well-known picture books (shown above) and did "Down around the corner at the children's bookstore" where boys and girls bought the books and took them away.

Book: I Like Books by Anthony Browne

Flannel Board Song (with ukulele): I’m Going Down to the Library
We had the whole family visit the library - Mom, Dad, baby, brother, sister, grandma, and grandpa.

Song: I’m a Little Teapot

Letter of the Day: U
Songs (with ukulele): ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/ Baa Baa Black Sheep

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: The More We Read Together

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...