Friday, December 21, 2012

Drop-In Story Time, 12/21/12 (Winter Theme)

Book: Under My Hood I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin, illustrated by Fumi Kosaka

Song: A Hat Goes On My Head

Book: One Mitten by Kristine O'Connell George, illustrated by Maggie Smith

Song: Five Little Snowmen Riding on a Sled 

Book: Snow Sounds by David A. Johnson
I think this would have worked better with a smaller group and some dedicated grown-ups. It's just too quiet a book for a large group.

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Bumpin' Up and Down on My Little Blue Sled 

Letter of the Day: Letter R

Songs with ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep  

Song with ukulele:  Jingle Bells

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It
I looked at the clock after we started singing this, and realized story time should have been over already! I was glad to see that we had so much fun, time actually got away from me.

This is my last drop-in story time until January 8. One more to go this afternoon, then break  time!


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...