1. Sugar Cone Cornucopias
The idea for this craft came from the Family Fun website, but I adapted it slightly to make it easier for me to do with a potentially large group.
These are the supplies I provided:
- Sugar Cones
- Mixed hard candy
- Hershey's Kisses
- Yarn in three colors
- Fabric leaves
- Plastic baggies
The instructions were as follows:
- Place a few leaves in the cone.
- Fill cone with candy.
- Tie colorful yarn around the cone.
- Place cornucopia in plastic baggie to take home.
2. Turkey MosaicsThis craft is something I came up with at my previous library a couple of years ago. I can't remember whether I actually had kids show up for it, but I've modified the idea to suit my current group of after school kids. I am writing this post before I do the craft with the kids, but here are my plans.
- Turkey outline
- Construction paper, pre-cut into small squares
- Glue and glue sticks
Gettin Crafty will be back to normal next week, with my post about Magnetic Poetry.