Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cybils 2011

Now that the official announcement has been made, I am very happy to be able to tell you that I will be a first-round judge for this year's Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards (Cybils) in the Easy Reader/Early Chapter Book category. Since I already have a number of blog posts scheduled for the months of October and November, I don't think this will cause a decrease in blogging activity for the foreseeable future. In fact, with all the books I'll be reading, it's pretty likely I'll be posting even more reviews!

Cybils nominations will open this Saturday, October 1st, and will remain open for two weeks. I really encourage everyone to think of those wonderful titles that stood out for you throughout this past year and put in your nominations! Anyone is welcome to participate. Each person is allowed one nomination per genre, and any book published between October 16, 2010 and October 15, 2011 is eligible. I will post reminders throughout the two weeks here in the blog, as well as on Twitter (@sharingsoda). Please spread the word and encourage all your kidlit-friendly friends to nominate  their favorites as well.

I look forward to reading all the nominations in my category, and helping to find the year's best books. For more on the Cybils, visit http://www.cybils.com/.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...