Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 6/21

The usual three sessions today (10, 10:30 and 11), for birth to 36 months. Here's what we did:

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Book: Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr., illustrated by Eric Carle (2003)
People seemed really confused that this wasn't Brown Bear, Brown Bear, but the power of the page turn still kept them intrigued.

Song: Rum Sum Sum


 
Book: Sail Away by Donald Crews (1995)
The moment when the sails go up, and the wind goes "WHOOSH" was the highlight of this book for everyone - me, included.

Song: The Wheels on the Bus (Sessions 1 & 2); Monkeys on the Bed (Session 3)

Song: I'm a Little Teapot (Sessions 1 & 2); Chickadee by Lisa Monet (from My Best Friend) (Session 3)

Flannel Board Song: My Aunt Came Back (borrowed, with gratitude, from Mel's Desk)
The first group hated this (there was eye-rolling) and I almost didn't repeat it, but then I came up with a final verse that got everyone's attention the second time around, and it was a winner by the end of the third session.

Here is that final verse:

My aunt came home
to Washington, DC
and she brought with her
a hug for me!

Song: Tia Monica (borrowed from King County Library System)

Song: ABCD Medley

Closing Song: Skinnamarink

3 comments :

  1. They rolled their eyes?! Man, you have a tough crowd there! That's just rough. Kudos for sticking it out!

    (This is Anna from Futurelibrariansuperhero--I don't know why I can't sign in with my google account grr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annnnd then it finally worked (seriously signed in four times--I have the same issue when I try to comment on my own blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, a couple of eye rolls and a few exchanged glances. The rest just looked uncomfortable. It's a bizarre dynamic here lately. I think it has to do with the fact that the adults who come are all babysitters, and they think this is their break time.

    And Google has been doing that to a lot of people lately - it needs to knock it off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...